VNR - Rolling Stocks
Locomotive investment plan in 2018-2020 period
At the moment, Vietnam Railways is planning to implement the investment project to provide 32 locomotives.
- Replacing old, backward and low capacity locomotives to be suitable with the upgraded infrastructure.
- Reducing transport cost by reducing of maintenance cost and fuel consumption.
- Improving service quality to better meet the increasing demand of passengers.
- International bidding to provide 32 locomotives.
- The first priority is given to foreign contractors who cooperate with domestic manufacturers to provide locomotives in Vietnam.
- Vietnam Railways.
- Loan from commercial banks.
Main specifications of the new locomotive
Capacity ≥1,900 HP
Design speed 120 km/h
Gauge 1,000 mm
Axle load 14 tonnes
Wheel arrangement C0-C0
Minimum curve radius Rmin = 70 m
Diesel engine Electronic fuel injection
Transmission type AC-DC
Control system Computerized
Braking system Pneumatic and dynamic brake
Air compressor capacity: ≥3,2 m3/minute.