Locomotive investment plan in 2018-2020 period
At the moment, Vietnam Railways is planning to implement the investment project to provide 32 locomotives.
- Replacing old, backward and low capacity locomotives to be suitable with the upgraded infrastructure.
- Reducing transport cost by reducing of maintenance cost and fuel consumption.
- Improving service quality to better meet the increasing demand of passengers.
- International bidding to provide 32 locomotives.
- The first priority is given to foreign contractors who cooperate with domestic manufacturers to provide locomotives in Vietnam.
- Vietnam Railways.
- Loan from commercial banks.
Main specifications of the new locomotive
- Capacity ≥1,900 HP
- Design speed 120 km/h
- Gauge 1,000 mm
- Axle load 14 tonnes
- Wheel arrangement C0-C0
- Minimum curve radius Rmin = 70 m
- Diesel engine Electronic fuel injection
- Transmission type AC-DC
- Control system Computerized
- Braking system Pneumatic and dynamic brake
- Air compressor capacity: ≥3,2 m3/minute.